3-YEAR OLD PROGRAM
Ages: 36 months to 48 months
Our 3-year olds are constantly engaged in learning, through teacher-directed learning, and play-based learning. Here, the students are learning about the meaning of camping signs, camping dangers, and fun camping activities. Role playing and pretending, allows students to work on their vocabulary, social and emotional skills, and focus, in addition to, building knowledge and an in-dept understanding of the subject.
At this age we know that preschoolers are very energetic, inquisitive, and full of life. Therefore, our program has been designed to provide children with the environment, nutrition, safety, and tools they need to keep their active minds growing and learning.
We use a mixture of the Gee Whiz curriculum and the Abeka curriculum to provide our students with a child-centered, play-based, and structured style of learning.
WHAT WE PROVIDE OUR 3-YEAR OLDS
• Developmentally-Appropriate Practices — Each guided activity, station and procedure is tailored to fit a growing, eager preschooler. We prepare children for elementary school and beyond by building the foundation they need to thrive. Each day, the classroom participates in activities that are customized to each child’s abilities and growth
• Hands-On Involvement — By using teacher-directed and self-directed activities, children are encouraged to learn through engaging, hands-on approaches that allow each child to explore their surroundings
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills — Starting at this age, children learn not only to react to their surroundings, but to anticipate, decide, and solve the problems in front of them. Our program offers them a safe, nurturing environment for them to begin building these important skills
• Character development — Emotional, behavioral, and social skills are developed through our program to help your child grow into a healthy, happy, and well-adjusted citizen
• Vocabulary — Preschoolers in our program will learn to build and grow their vocabulary in preparation for Kindergarten and beyond
• Social-emotional activities — As they are growing, preschoolers are learning how to display their emotions and interact with their peers and teachers. Our program is developed to further guide your child’s social-emotional growth through positive interactions with those around them
• Literacy skills — Learning to read is an exciting time in a child’s life! Your preschooler will start putting their alphabet skills to work as we learn to read together in group and individual times
• Small group instruction — Using small group time to explore new concepts and activities increases your preschooler’s chances to explore with positive guidance while learning to cooperate and work together with their peers
Call Today to Learn More (352) 519-9843!