4/5 Year Old Advanced Program
Pre-kindergarten students are immersed in social and emotional learning through teacher-directed instruction as well as peer interactions throughout the day. Students are taught to recognize and understand their emotions, and use communication tools to support positive interactions. Here, students, celebrate their success and support for each other in a friendly game of bowling.
The Elevations Learning Academy's pre-kindergarten program is the gateway to a lifelong learning experience. Our curriculum employs an integrated, hands-on, thematic approach rooted in reading, writing, math, social studies, and social/emotional development, and includes "specials" in science, art, music, and physical education.
In these critical early years, we place a strong emphasis on building capable, independent, and self-directed learners. Through the use of small groups and a strong student-teacher ratio, we are able to differentiate each child's work and adapt to his/her learning profile, abilities, and needs.
WHAT WE PROVIDE OUR 4/5-YEAR OLDS
• Developmentally-Appropriate Practices — Each guided activity, station and procedure is tailored to fit a growing, eager preschooler. We prepare children for elementary school and beyond by building the foundation they need to thrive. Each day, the classroom participates in activities that are customized to each child’s abilities and growth
• Hands-On Involvement — By using teacher-directed and self-directed activities, children are encouraged to learn through engaging, hands-on approaches that allow each child to explore their surroundings
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills — Starting at this age, children learn not only to react to their surroundings, but to anticipate, decide, and solve the problems in front of them. Our program offers them a safe, nurturing environment for them to begin building these important skills
• Character development — Emotional, behavioral, and social skills are developed through our program to help your child grow into a healthy, happy, and well-adjusted citizen
• Vocabulary — Preschoolers in our program will learn to build and grow their vocabulary in preparation for Kindergarten and beyond
• Social-emotional activities — As they are growing, preschoolers are learning how to display their emotions and interact with their peers and teachers. Our program is developed to further guide your child’s social-emotional growth through positive interactions with those around them
• Literacy skills — Learning to read is an exciting time in a child’s life! Your preschooler will start putting their alphabet skills to work as we learn to read together in group and individual times
• Small group instruction — Using small group time to explore new concepts and activities increases your preschooler’s chances to explore with positive guidance while learning to cooperate and work together with their peers
Call Today to Learn More (352) 519-9843!